Welcome to the Douglas Elliman Property Management Resident Payment and Information Center.
This page will outline the way our new online payment system works, address some of the most frequently asked questions regarding this program,
review the payment methods available to you and display some how-to videos to help walk you through the process.
You may choose any of the following payment methods
- eCheck free of charge: This option may be set up as a monthly recurring payment (see instructions and video below), or simply used to make a one-time payment for your monthly charges.
- Credit/Debit Card service fee applies: This option can be set as a monthly payment, or as a one-time payment.
All transactions made with a credit/debit card are subject to a service fee.
- You can mail in a payment with your billing stub to the remittance address noted on your most recent statement in the return envelope provided.
- You may set up a bill pay through your online personal bank account. Be sure to enter your eight digit resident account number shown on your bill as the account number when entering the information online.
As we have recently changed our remittance addresses please be sure to verify the mailing address with the address that is printed on your most recent statement.
Online (RentPayment) Program Overview
- DEPM is in the process of discontinuing the old ACH (automated clearing house - auto pay) program by the end 2012 for all of our currently managed buildings.
Any resident who was paying their monthly dues via the automatic debit from their bank account (where you sent us a voided check) must choose another method of payment.
- Our online Payment Portal is through RentPayment (www.rentpayment.com) which is the largest payment processor in the real estate industry.
There is real time integration with our property management software which allows for processing of your payments made with an eCheck to our system within 24 hours and 48 hours for credit card payments.
- Residents on legal or "do not accept" status will not be able to use this program and will need to make arrangements for payments to be made via other methods or contact your Account executive to clarify your status.
- Residents who are currently on our legacy ACH system must set up automatic payments on this program in order to have no interruption in payments;
your current banking information on file will not automatically be transferred over.
- A service fee applies to all transactions made with a debit/credit card. This charge is based on 2.5% of the average monthly resident charges for the building.
Please note that only Visa, Master Card and Discover are currently accepted.
- Once enrolled residents will receive an email notification directly from RentPayment as to what their payment amount will be and what date it will be withdrawn on.
- You can use this system to set up a monthly recurring payment, a one time payment, and/or set up payment reminders via email or text message.
- When setting up recurring payments you must set a range dollar limit in payments which you authorize to be withdrawn from your account. At any time that your monthly charges go above the range that you specified,
you will be sent an email notification and the payment will not be withdrawn. Should any modifications need to be made, you may login to the system to do so.
Electronic Statement Delivery
As part of our 'going green' initiative Douglas Elliman Property Management is offering an ebill option to all of our residents.
- eBill is optional; if you are not comfortable receiving your statements via email, there is no obligation to enroll in this service.
- You may elect to receive your statements via both email AND by US postal service.
- Your e-Bill will arrive via email immediately, whereas the paper bill will take longer to be delivered to you.
- To sign up for an Ebill please send us an email to Ebill; include your full name, your 8 digit account number (this can be found on your monthly statements), and your email address.
You will receive an email response once your account has been updated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding our new online payment service. Click on a question to be taken to that answer or
please peruse all the questions to better understand the way this system works.
- How can I set up an account on RentPayment?
- How do I locate my building on the RentPayment.com?
- What are the different options available for making online payments?
- What is my account number?
- Do I need to set this up for all the units that I own or can I use one login for all accounts?
- How do I pay if I have two (or more) accounts?
- Will the auto-pay e-check deduct the money from my account if I made a payment a few days ago?
- What is the difference between selecting a fixed payment or balance payment when setting up an autopay?
- The system is asking me to input a minimum and a maximum range, what does that mean and what do I need to input?
- I do not remember my password
- How are credit card payments processed?
- My payment was rejected, why?
- Who do I contact for more help?
Q: How can I set up an account on RentPayment?
A: Please find below step by step instructions on how to create an account and information about setting up an autopay:
You must first create an account on the system using your resident ID (8 digit account number) which can be found on any of your monthly statements. Once this has been created
you will then be able to log onto the website and make one time payments, set up automatic payments, as well as view past payment history. Please follow the below step by step
instructions to create your account.
- Visit the Douglas Elliman PM website LINK.
- Click on the 'MAKE PAYMENTS' tab at the top of the screen
- When the RentPayment website displays click on the SET UP ACCOUNT icon under the new user section
- A list of properties will display, please scroll through the list and find the property in which you reside
- Upon locating your property, click on the PAY RENT icon
- You will then be prompted to enter your RESIDENT ID# (also known as your account number which can be located on your monthly statements). Enter the number and click CONTINUE
- To the left of your screen you will see your information displayed. In the middle of the screen you will be asked to create a username, password, and enter your emil address.
Your email address will be used for communications purposes, if there is ever an issue with your account/payment you will immdeiately be sent an email. To the right of the page
you will be asked to enter your mobile phone number (this is optional) to receive messages via text message. Below this, please select the types of notifications that you would
After following these steps you will successfully set up your account on RentPayment, you will be prompted to enter credit card information; if you chose to pay using your bank account/echeck,
simply click on the ECHECK tab that is located at the top right corner of the credit card screen. When you have completed entering this information you will be taken to the payment screen.
You may make one time payments ONLY on this screen using the account information you have stored in the system. To set up automatic payments you must navigate to the Main Menu by clicking on
the menu tab at the top of the screen displayed. Four icons will be displayed, click on the second icon that reads AUTOPAY. Follow the screens, filling out the desired criteria. You will be
given the option to PAY FIXED AMOUNT (the value entered will be paid every month regardless of the month's balance) or select the tab that reads PAY FULL BALANCE (which will pay the amount
that is stated as your balance on your statement). We recommend that you select the "pay FULL BALANCE" option.
* If you would like more information on the RentPayment program please view the other information on this page.
* If you should have any further questions please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How do I locate my building on the RentPayment.com?
- Go to www.ellimanpm.com and click the 'Make Payment' link on the top right of the screen
- You will be directed to the RentPayment.com website. You can also click on this LINK to take you there.
- Click on the 'Set Up Account' button
- Find your building from the list and click the 'Pay Rent' button.
- You will be asked to create an account using your resident ID, email address and a password you decide (please keep it somewhere safe and handy).
- Your resident ID number (8 digit number) will be needed to register. This can be located on your monthly statement.
Q: What are the different options available for making online payments?
A: There are various online payment options available as follows:
- Automatic payment: You can set up recurring payments to be withdrawn from your checking/savings account (free of charge). You have the ability to set a ceiling on how much is taken out
as well as what day of the month the payment is withdrawn.
- Credit card: These payments may be made online or via phone, service fee is paid by resident directly to the credit card company.
- E-check: A One-time payment that is free of charge.
Q: What is my account number?
A: Account number is the same as the resident ID number (8 digits) that can be found on the monthly statements.
Q: Do I need to set this up for all units that I own or can I use one log in for all accounts?
A: Each account needs to be set up under its own username and password; however the same email address may be used to each account.
Q: How do I pay if I have two (or more) accounts?
A: If an individual has more than one unit, both accounts need to be set up separately creating a different username for each; however the same password and email address may be used.
Q: Will the auto-pay e-check deduct the money from my account if I made a payment a few days ago or have a zero balance?
A: No payment will be drafted by the rentpayment website if at the time that it is scheduled to draft, the balance on that account is zero.
Q: What is the difference between selecting a fixed payment or balance payment when setting up an autopay?
A: There are two types of autopay options - Fixed Payment and Balance Payment:
- Fixed payment (Not Recommended) - The Exact amount that you specify at the beginning of setting up the autopay process will be drafted each month.
This option has limited flexibility in case the amount is greater than you anticipate.
- Balance- The amount pulled from your account will be whatever the balance is, as long as it is within the range that you haves specified upon setting up autopay
(see question below about setting up a payment maximum amount). If the amount is more, no payment will be drafted and you will be notified via email.
Q: The system is asking me to input a minimum and a maximum range, what does that mean and what do I need to input? (recurring payment set up only).
- The dollar range needs to be specified when setting up a "PAY FULL" autopay, it is meant to authorize how much or how little should be to be taken out of your account.
- The minimum value may be as low as zero.
- The maximum value should be the maximum you expect your payment to be on any given month. Please take into account any electricity or monthly recurring assessments you may have.
- The range between the two values must be more than $400.00.
- If the balance due is more than the maximum range that is specified on the account, the payment will not be withdrawn and a proactive warning email notification will be sent to you regarding this.
Q: I do not remember my password
A: Go to www.rentpayment.com and click on the 'forgot your password' hyperlink and an email will be sent to you within five minutes with a new password.
Also you can just click HERE to reset your password.
Q: How are credit card payments processed?
A: You set up your credit card information within your account profile. When the time comes to have a payment deducted you will receive an email message
to confirm your credit card payment from the processor before it gets processed. Please be advised that a 2.5% service fee applies for credit card payments.
This charge is based on 2.5% of the average monthly resident amount for your building so will average 2% to 3% for a resident.
This fee is paid to the credit card company NOT Douglas Elliman Property Management.
Q: My payment was rejected, why?
A: Some reasons for payments to be rejected:
- NSF - non sufficient fund
- Invalid/Closed account - If your account is not actually closed then the bank information was entered incorrectly. If you are on automatic payments you MUST delete the current
active autopay and then create a new one using the correct bank account information. Please be sure to enter ONLY your routing and bank account number, no check number is to be entered.
- Disputed by the Customer - You have either disputed the payment or the payment has been made from an account that has restrictions; If you have not disputed the transaction then
please contact your bank to investigate further.
- Reversal (Declined) - Before making another payment please contact us at email@example.com to ensure the payment was truly declined and that no duplicate payment will be made.
* Please be sure to remember to change your account for payment in the event you change your banking information.
Q: Who do I contact for more help?
A: If you still have any questions during the enrollment process please call 866-289-5977 for help or email our DEPM Online payment support RentPayment or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to popular demand we have assembled some detailed videos that walk you through step-by-step how to various activities on our online payment system.
Below are some of the important functions that can do with your online account. Please click the hyperlink to move down the page and view that video.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
EXISTING USERS (Make Payment/Autopay)
UPDATE ACCOUNT (personal information/payment account)
675 Third Avenue
● New York, NY 10017
● Tel: 212.370.9200 ● Fax: 212.692.8449 ● www.ellimanpm.com
Copyright © Douglas Elliman Property Management - All
Disclaimer: All information regarding or relating
to the property for sale, rental or financing is from sources deemed
reliable. No representation is made as to the accuracy thereof, and such
information is subject to errors, omissions or change.